Turtle Design Inc is an experience design studio. We create focused progressive web apps with high conversion through clear, frictionless design. We play in the intersection of design and technology, and love to explore the possibilities in emerging platforms.
We believe that focusing on less, but doing it better, is the key to creating great work. We expect everyone to take ownership and offer solutions - we are counting on you to have an opinion because we don’t have all the answers. Our collaborative environment is measured by how we make others on the team better, and we believe that thriving outside the workplace is extremely important to creativity and productivity. That’s why we have flexible working hours, remote options, and 4 weeks of vacation to start.
We are looking for an Experience Designer, with 2-5 years of industry experience, who is interested in a bigger challenge. You are passionate about design, but are also interested in entrepreneurship, leadership, and building a creative culture. You want to be part of shaping a company from its early stages; you are excited by the opportunity to help build something and join a team on the ground floor. You want the chance to take on a higher level of responsibility, learn skills and be exposed to aspects of the industry that you might not see at larger agencies. You want the opportunity to work within a non-hierarchical company where you can make a huge impact on our business, processes, perspectives and specializations.
- Participate in discovery, project planning, design research and brainstorming
- UX Design for web, mobile and responsive platforms - deliverables include user flows, sitemaps, wireframes, interaction and features specifications, prototypes
- Interface Design for web, mobile and responsive platforms - deliverables include visual style guides, UI kits, design mockups
- Work with Lead Designers and Design Director to create the best possible solutions with an understanding of project and technology limitations
- Expand on design systems based on initial UX and Interface Designs created by Lead Designers
- Maintain design documentation
- Work quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Present your work internally and to clients
- Stand for a high quality of design with all work you create
- Contribute to our design process
- Minimum 2 years industry experience designing for web and/or apps, preferably in an agency, startup, tech/gaming company
- A great portfolio showing examples of past work or projects
- Knowledge of digital design software (eg. Adobe CC, Sketch, Axure, Omnigraffle Invision, Zeplin)
- Knowledge of current design methodologies and user experience best practices such as common UX patterns, responsive grids, progressive web technology
- Communication skills; ability to present your work from a strategic/conceptual and technical/executional level
- Collaborative; ability to work with others and make your team better, knowing when to push for your ideas and when to follow direction
- Motivated and responsible; ability to take ownership of your own projects and be responsible for managing your time and delivering work according to deadlines
- Adaptable and eager to learn; willingness to take on many roles within the company
Nice To Haves:
- Education from a Design program (eg. Bachelor of Design, Hyper Island, Bootcamp Diploma)
- Front-end Development experience
- Code-based rapid prototyping experience (eg. Angular, React)
- Writing experience (eg. blogging, copywriting)
- Usability/user testing experience
- Product/e-commerce/iot/VR experience
- Active in a design-related community
- Reporting to: Senior Designer, Lead Designer, Design Director
- Collaborating with: Developers, Producers, Strategists
If you want to do some great work and make a huge impact in a young company, then send us a message. We’re looking forward to meeting you!